Legal Profession Act 2004 - Sect 730A Duty to report suspected offences
- Category: Legislation and Acts
- Created: Sunday, 21 February 2010 14:05
- Written by Alecomm
(1) This section applies if the Commissioner or a Council suspects on reasonable grounds, after investigation or otherwise, that a person has committed an offence against any Act or law.
(2) The Commissioner or Council must:
(a) report the suspected offence to any relevant law enforcement or prosecution authority, and
(b) make available to the authority the information and documents relevant to the suspected offence in its possession or under its control.
(3) The obligation under subsection (2) (b) to make available the information and documents continues while the Commissioner or Council holds the relevant suspicion.
(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) offences against this Act or the Legal Profession Act 1987 or the regulations under either Act, or
(b) offences specified, or of a class or description specified, by the regulations for the purposes of this section.
Source : http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/lpa2004179/s730a.html