Crimes Act 1900 - Sect 327 - Offence of perjury
- Category: Legislation and Acts
- Created: Friday, 19 March 2010 15:16
- Written by Alecomm
(1) Any person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury and liable to imprisonment for 10 years.
(2) A statement can be considered to have been made in connection with a judicial proceeding whether or not a judicial proceeding has commenced, or ever commences, in connection with it.
(3) The determination of whether a statement is material to a judicial proceeding that has not commenced is to be made on the basis of any judicial proceeding likely to arise in connection with the statement.
(4) The question of whether any matter is material to a proceeding is a question of law.
Source : http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s327.html