Conflict of Interest - Judges on NGO Panels
- Category: Judicial Corruption
- Created: Sunday, 21 February 2010 15:12
- Written by Alecomm
A Judge being on bench in Children's Courts and being Council Member for NGO's such as Centacare / Catholicare, does this constitute a conflict of interest?
Centacare 2008-2009 Annual Review p23 - Council Members shows the below mentioned judges on the board of Centacare.
Source : http://www.centacarebrisbane.net.au/resources/
Federal Magistrate Paul Howard - Brisbane (appointed 9 July 2007)
Source : http://www.fmc.gov.au/html/magistrates.html and
- Judge Administrator, District Court of Queensland (2008–)
- President, Children's Court of Queensland (2002–2007)
- Judge, District Court of Queensland (1989–)
Source : http://www.sclqld.org.au/qjudiciary/profiles/kjobrien/ and http://www.fmc.gov.au/html/magistrates.html