“I got the feeling very much that they were protecting somebody, that they were with one of the men,” said Baker.
“One of them (police officers) I knew from church. There were a few occasions where they would be in uniform, and I kind of knew, I learnt that when they were in uniform that it was going to be a rough night,”
- Abuser Name or Alias:: UK Politicians guarded by UK Police
- Abusers Organisation:: UK Government
- Matter Resolved?: No
WA Government confirms 50 victims of child sex abuse in Pilbara, fewer than previously reported
- Type of protection : Granting release
- Category: Paedophile Rings
- Created: Wednesday, 29 August 2018 20:46
- Written by Rebecca Parish - ABC Pilbara
The State Government has attempted to quietly correct the record about the extent of child sexual abuse in the Pilbara, lowering a widely reported figure.
Stephen Dawson MLC, speaking on behalf of the Police Minister, said in Parliament last week there were 50 victims involved in current child sex abuse cases — a stark comparison to the figure of 184 that had been used previously.