AFP officer charged with child exploitation offence
- Abusers job or title:: Queensland AFP Officer
- Type of protection : Granting release
- Category: Paedophile Police
- Created: Friday, 08 September 2017 23:06
- Written by Australian Federal Police
The male officer has been suspended from duty and is expected to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court today (8 September) following a search warrant at a residence in Geebung yesterday.
The officer was formally charged by AFP Professional Standards with accessing child exploitation material contrary to section 474 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth).
The AFP is committed to its members behaving at all times in a manner that upholds the AFP’s core values, and the organisation’s reputation and integrity.
As this matter is now before the court no further comment will be made.
Note to media: THIS IS CHILD EXPLOITATION, NOT ‘CHILD PORNOGRAPHY’
Use of the phrase ‘child pornography’ actually benefits child sex abusers because:
• it indicates legitimacy and compliance on the part of the victim and therefore legality on the part of the abuser; and
• it conjures up images of children posing in ‘provocative’ positions, rather than suffering horrific abuse.
Every photograph captures an actual situation where a child has been abused. This is not pornography.
Source : https://www.afp.gov.au/news-media/media-releases/afp-officer-charged-child-exploitation-offence
- Abuser Name or Alias:: A 45-year-old AFP officer from Queensland
- Abusers Organisation:: Australian Federal Police
- Type of Abuse:: Sexual
- Matter Resolved?: Ongoing