The Children's Charter of Rights
- Category: Childrens Charter of Rights
- Created: Friday, 24 September 2010 07:31
- Written by Pied Piper
- "You have the right to have contact with your family and community." - Doesn't say how often and doesn't say how or which community became the child's at which point or after how long.
- "You have the right to be told why you are in care and keep a record of your time in care." - Doesn't say you have the right to be told this by anyone outside the department or if the whole story gets told. And they can keep their own record?
- "You have the right to ask for any information that is being kept about you, to read your file and add information to your file." - You've seen these files.. they're rampant with black markers. Doesn't say "all info". Doesn't say they'll keep was what added.